The Kota is a popular ‘street food’ in many ‘hoods’ in Gauteng. So popular that Okay Wasabi and Daliii Danger created the YouTube KotaPast9 channel with a mission to find the perfect Kota. We asked them to show us ‘How to make a Kota’.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Makes: 4 Kotas
|4||Eskort Red Viennas|
|4||Eskort Smoked (or Cheese) Russians|
|4 slices||Eskort French Polony|
|1 loaf||unsliced white bread|
|500 g||pre-sliced potato chips|
|spices for chips;|
|4 slices||pre-sliced cheese|
|1000 island sauce|
|chilli sauce (optional)|
|1 can||mild chakalaka|
|oil for deep frying|
- Cut loaf of bread into 4 quarters
- Remove the top part of each quarter and set aside.
- Deep fry the chips in the oil.
- Deep fry the Viennas, Russians and polony.
- Spice the chips.
- Place the fried ingredients in the quarters of bread.
- Add a slice of cheese to each quarter.
- Add sauces.
- Place top part back on the quarter.
- Enjoy your Kota